In today’s increasingly complex marketplace, there are far too many responsibilities for small business owners to keep track of alone. Due to this increased complexity, and the impact of new government taxes and regulations, the role of the CFO/Controller has grown significantly in recent years. Traditionally, this management position primarily focused on overseeing the accounting function of a corporation. Today, the CFO/Controller is much more involved in the company’s strategic planning and expected to keep the owner apprised of the performance of all departments, product sales, costs, profits, and internal control issues.
The cost of a full-time CFO/Controller is usually out of reach for most small business owners. Now there is a way to afford a part-time CFO/Controller through Albert Davidson, Jr., CPA, P.C.. By outsourcing this function to one of our experienced professionals, our clients can focus on their core competencies to increase productivity and profitability.
As the CFO/Controller, our firm assumes all financial duties, including accounting, internal controls, budgeting, financial analysis, and financial reporting. Serving as the “ship’s navigator”, we warn the captain (small business owner) of current and foreseeable problems in the shoals of the business environment that lie ahead.
The CFO/Controller duties that we provide are as follows:
- Preparation of financial statements and internal reporting
- Periodic review of all financial and operational processes
- Review, interpretation, and generation of recommendations related to financial performance
- Coordinate annual budget process
- Provide detailed benchmarks and competitor analysis
- Provide tax preparation and planning
- Maintain the chart of accounts and general ledger
- Provide detailed, value-added management reports
- Implement internal control policies and procedures
Need a CFO, but cannot afford the salary?
We can help with our CFO & Controller services!